Tasty Flower Crab Soup (美味花蟹汤)
- 1 Flower Crab
- 250g Enoki
- 1 sprig Spring Onion
- 500ml Chicken broth
- 5 tbsp Carnation Evaporate Milk
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp minced Ginger
- 2 tsp Chinese Cooking Wine
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- When choosing crab, get one with roes for tastier soup base.
- Wash crab thoroughly. Remove crab legs by twisting & pulling them off. Loosen shell by lifting it, then turning crab over to remove shell by peeling it apart from body as shown in pix .
- Dispose gills from body. Rinse crab.
- Crack the legs.
- Cut off roots from Enoki & set aside.
- Heat stock & add crabs. Simmer for about 10 mins. Over-cooking will turn meat tough.
- Add Enoki, Spring Onion, Milk, seasonings & stir well. Lastly, add wine to your aromatic soup & you’re ready to serve your tasty dish!
Flower Crabs are really economical & relatively easy to cook compared to other species. So beginners cook who wanna try their hands on cooking a crab dish can always start off with this recipe.
See it on my blog
First time cook this dish, everyone love it. Nice nice nice You can also put bee hoon instead of enoki. Nice too. - 20 Feb 2013
- 04 May 2012