1 / 1 Photo by: maj_ella
- 1 kilo young bamboo shoots
- 1/4 kilo whole shrimp
- 1/4 kilo okra, sliced into half-inch pieces
- shrimp stock or 1 pc. shrimp cube
- 2 pcs. coconut, shredded
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 bundle jute
- 3 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 pc. small onion, coarsely chopped
- a dash of salt to taste
Prep:1hr › Cook:1hr › Ready in:2hr
- Boil the bamboo shoots until they become tender & fragrant. Drain & set aside.
- In a bowl, squeeze out the extract (or milk) from the shredded coconut. If almost dry, add a bit of water and squeeze out again. Take out as much of the coconut milk as you can. Set aside.
- Put the bamboo shoots in a casserole with just enough water and let it simmer for a minute.
- Add garlic and onions. Simmer for another three minutes.
- Add coconut milk, shrimp and shrimp stock or shrimp cube to the soup. Bring to a boil.
- Add corn, okra and jute leaves. Bring to a boil again. Add salt to taste.
Best when paired with fried fish!
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!