Honeycomb Cake aka Sarang Semut Cake
Makes: 1 Cake
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Boiled water
- 1/2 cup Margerine
- 1/2 tin (average size) sweet condensed milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Melt the sugar in a heavy pan. Once the sugar melted and turned brown, mixed in the boiled water. Let it cool.
- Melt the margerine and stir in the condensed milk. Leave it aside.
- Sift flour and sodium bicarbonate together.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Beat in the syrup and margarine, milk mixture into the eggs until well combined.
- Pour in slowly the flour in the liquid mixture.
- Once everything is well combined, pour the batter in a greased baking pan and bake in a oven preheated at 170 Celsius for around 1 hour.
Truth is I don't quite like honeycomb cake. I made this for my husband. Turned out nice and soft. If you want it to be sweeter, just add more sweetened milk. - 06 Mar 2011