1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cups sliced chanterelle and lobster mushrooms, or other fresh wild mushrooms
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 400g Arborio rice
- 1.25 litres chicken broth
- 160g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- handful of chopped fresh parsley
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- In a large pot heat olive oil. Saute the chopped onions and stir in the garlic. Add the mushrooms and saute for three minutes, being sure to brown the mushrooms little. Then pour in half of the white wine and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons butter into the pot. Stir in rice, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add chicken broth 1/2 cup (125ml) at a time, stirring frequently and allowing all the liquid to be absorbed before adding more broth. Stir in the rest of the white wine and continue cooking until the rice is tender to the tooth. Stir in cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish off with a tablespoon of butter and fresh chopped parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!