1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
Nasi Goreng Pattaya (Stuffed Omelette Fried Rice)
Suhara Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed
- a handful of diced carrots
- a handful of frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil for cooking
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- For the fried rice: Heat a little oil in pan and saute sliced shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add the chicken and carrots and stir-fry until cooked.
- Add the peas and cooked rice and mix well. Season with soy sauce, ketchup and salt and pepper according to taste. Continue to stir until rice is completely mixed and heated through. Set aside.
- For the omelette: Lightly beat the eggs and season with a pinch of salt. Heat a pan with a little oil. Pour in eggs and swirl the pan by the handle to make a thin omelette. Let the omelette cook and brown at the bottom.
- Once the omelette is done, place the fried rice in the center of the omelette and spread it accordingly. Fold the edges into an envelope shape, making sure to overlap the parcel a bit. Carefully flip the omelette onto a serving plate. Drizzle ketchup or chili sauce over the top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!