1 / 1 Photo by: Mekmolek
Ikan Masam Manis Limau Purut (Kaffir Lime Sweet and Sour Fish)
- 300g white fish fillet
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (30g) corn flour
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons (10 ml) vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 segments
- 1 fresh red chillies, sliced diagonally
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- In a bowl, season the fish fillet with the beaten eggwhite, half of the corn flour, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and let the fish marinate for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk the tomato sauce, vinegar, water, 2 teaspoons corn flour and fish sauce together.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok until hot. Lightly coat the seasoned fish fillets with the leftover corn flour and deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel. Arrange on serving plate and keep warm.
- Heat a oil in a pan and saute the kaffir lime leaves with garlic, add onions and red chillies; stir fry for a few minutes. Pour in the tomato sauce mixture and add the sugar. While stirring constantly, cook until the sauce thickens and check seasoning.
- Pour sauce over fish on the platter and serve with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!