1 / 1 Photo by: Mekmolek
Serves : 4
- 1 whole fish eg. garoupa, cleaned
- turmeric powder
- oil for deep frying
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 1 cm ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons kicap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 spring onions, cut in half
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Make 3 scores on both sides of the fish and rub whole fish with turmeric powder and salt. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat wok with enough oil for deep frying. When oil is hot, cook fish until crispy. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and then saute shallots, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add all the soy sauce, stir and pour in water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spring onions, stir and check for seasoning. Carefully place the fish in the gravy and simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Lift fish onto a platter and pour gravy over it and serve hot with rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!