1 / 1 Photo by: Mekmolek
- 4 long japanese eggplant
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend ingredients
- 4 red chilies
- 5 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g dried shrimp, reconstituted in warm water
- 2 cm galangal
- 1/2 small tomato, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 120 ml tamarind juice
- oil for cooking
- fried shallots, for garnishing
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise and season with turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Heat oil in frying pan and cook the eggplant until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the blended ingredients and grind until fine. Heat a little oil in pan and saute these ingredients until fragrant. Add the tamarind juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir, let simmer for about 5 minutes and adjust the seasoning.
- Place the cooked eggplant on a dish and pour sambal sauce over it. Garnish with fried shallots.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!