1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- Banana leaves
- 80 g brown sugar
- Bottom layer
- 8 pandan (screwpine) leaves
- 475 ml water
- 50 g rice flour
- Top layer
- 30 g rice flour
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
- salt to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Prepare banana leaf boat by cutting into 7x10 cm rectangles and folding it into boats. Fasten with stapler or toothpicks.
- Arrange banana boats onto a steaming rack. Put 1 teaspoon of sugar in each boat.
- For the bottom layer: Blend the pandan leaves with water then strain to get all the juice. If you have a juicer, use that instead.
- In a pot, put the pandan juice and rice flour together and stir until smooth. Cook over a medium heat while stirring continuosly until mixture thickens.
- Spoon mixture into banana boat until 3/4 full. Steam for about 15 minutes until the bottom layer is set.
- For the top layer: Put all ingredients into a pot and stir until smooth. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens.
- When the top layer is set, spoon the cooked top layer over the green bottom layer. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
If you can't get pandan leaves, you may substitute with green food colouring.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!