1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 455 g chicken wings, cut at the joints
- 12 cm young ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1.5 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for deep frying
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:50min
- Put young ginger and garlic in a blender or mortar and pestle and grind until fine. Pour those ingredients into a large mixing bowl; add turmeric, honey, salt and pepper and toss the chicken wings together in the mixture. Leave in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok for deep frying. Fry the chicken wings until cooked. Drain on paper towel and serve.
If you can't find young ginger, substitute with regular ginger but reduce the amount. Young ginger has a more delicate flavour and is not as astringent and sharp as old ginger.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!