Easy and Simple Chocolate Cupcakes
1 / 1
15 people made this
About this recipe:
A lovely and simple cupcake recipe for all of the family. It makes delicious cupcakes that smell and look delicious.
250g softened butter
250g caster sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups (225g) self raising flour
5 or 6 tablespoons milk
Extra time:35min ›
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Put patty cups in 2 cupcake or muffin trays and leave to one side.
- In a bowl mix together butter and sugar until it is smooth and creamy. Gradually add the eggs until they are all beaten in.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Then gradually add the flour until all of the flour is gone. Add the milk gradually until it makes a smooth paste.
- Put the cake mixture into the patty cups until 1/2 full.
- Put the trays in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- You can tell they are ready once they are a light brown or if you stick a knife into one of the cupcakes and none of the cake mixture sticks to the knife.
- Once the cakes are done take them out of the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before icing with your favourite icing recipe.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate