1 / 1 Photo by: xmusic_loverx
Easy and Simple Chocolate Cupcakes
Serves : 24
- 250g softened butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cups (225g) self raising flour
- 5 or 6 tablespoons milk
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Extra time:35min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Put patty cups in 2 cupcake or muffin trays and leave to one side.
- In a bowl mix together butter and sugar until it is smooth and creamy. Gradually add the eggs until they are all beaten in.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla. Then gradually add the flour until all of the flour is gone. Add the milk gradually until it makes a smooth paste.
- Put the cake mixture into the patty cups until 1/2 full.
- Put the trays in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- You can tell they are ready once they are a light brown or if you stick a knife into one of the cupcakes and none of the cake mixture sticks to the knife.
- Once the cakes are done take them out of the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before icing with your favourite icing recipe.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!