- 1 3/4 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 110g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 55ml milk, or buttermilk
- 2 bananas, mashed
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Line a cupcake tray with patty cups.
- Sift all the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix together.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add a bit of milk; then a bit of dry mixture; then a bit of banana to the cream mixture. Beat well each time and keep doing this until you only have one bowl of mixture.
- Fill patty cups 1/2 full as they rise quite well. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tray for 10 minutes.
Will definitely use this recipe again! - 04 Jul 2011
Used different ingredients. I added 100g of raisins and 50g of cashew to this recipe. Came out very well. Moist and soft and delicious! I topped this with butter cream icing but it would have been good without the icing as well. - 04 Jul 2011