1 / 2
2 people made this
About this recipe:
Another throw-it-all-together dish that is perfect mid-week when you need a healthy, comforting dish in minutes.
375 g tri-colour fusilli
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons (10ml) olive oil
4 bacon rashers (150g), rind removed, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, about 250 g, halved
3⅔ cups firmly packed baby English spinach leaves, about 180 g
½ cup grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the bacon, onion and garlic. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onion is golden.
- Add the tomatoes to the frying pan and cook gently for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are beginning to soften but are still holding their shape.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water. Pour the water over the tomatoes in the frying pan and bring to the boil. Season with black pepper.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl, pour over the hot tomato mixture, add the pasta and parmesan and toss to combine. Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce leaves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate