1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Baked pasta with garlic & greens
Serves : 8
- 500 g penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 250 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups (800 g) prepared tomato sauce
- 1 cup (260 g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (120 g) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- kalamata olives, for garnish
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook penne in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until tender, following packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic. Sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and heat through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomato sauce and ricotta.
- Drain penne and add to bowl. Combine well. Transfer to baking dish. Top with mozzarella. Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Garnish with olives.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!