1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Serves : 4
- 55 g rice noodles (pad thai noodles)
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 7 g minced lemon grass
- 2 g ground ginger
- 10 g red curry paste
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 10 g white sugar
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 65 g peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 35 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 30 ml fresh lime juice
- 10 g chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender and then drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, lemon grass and ginger and gently cook until fragrant. Add the curry paste and cook 30 seconds. Add the stock, soy sauce and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, prawns, mushrooms, spinach, lime juice, and coriander. Cook for 5 minutes or until prawns just change colour.
- To serve, place rice noodles into serving bowls and ladle over soup. Garnish each bowl with spring onion.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!