1 / 1 Photo by: EKSATTLER
Stir-fried Thai Chicken with Rice (Gai Pad King)
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) uncooked jasmine rice
- 3 1/2 cups (875ml) water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 spring onions cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frypan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, ginger, red capsicum, mushrooms and onions. Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are nearly tender, about 3 minutes. Dissolve the curry paste in the chicken stock, then add to the chicken mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with coriander leaves to garnish. Serve with the hot rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!