1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Duck with Honey, Soy and Ginger
- 2 duck breast halves
- 1 g salt
- 0.2 g cayenne pepper
- 1 g ground black pepper
- 120 ml chicken stock
- 30 ml honey
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml rice wine
- 6 g grated fresh ginger
- 15 ml tomato sauce
- 1 g chili powder
- 5 ml lime juice
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Use a sharp knife to score across the duck breasts 4 times through the skin and fat but just barely to the meat. Rub the skin with salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Lay the breasts in the pan skin-side down and fry until the skin is brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Discard any excess fat from the bottom of the pan. Turn the breasts over and cook for 1 minute.
- Place the pan into the oven; roast duck for 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Remove the duck breasts from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove excess fat from the pan. Add the stock, honey, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, tomato sauce, chilli powder, and lime juice to the pan. Stir the sauce over high heat, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Slice the duck breasts thinly, arrange on serving plates; drizzle the sauce over the top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!