Lemon Polenta Biscuits
These biscuits are both sweet and tart at the same time, they are one of the most requested recipes I make. I often make this gluten-free by using gluten-free plain flour.
1 person made this
250g butter (or butter alternative), softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (divided)
3/4 cup icing sugar mixture
1/2 cup caster sugar
½ cup (85g) polenta
2½ cups (375g) plain flour
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C). Lightly grease oven trays.
- Beat the butter, essence, 1 tbsp of the rind and both sugars in a small bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in the polenta, then the sifted flour in two batches until combined; stir in the lemon juice.
- Knead the mixture gently on a floured surface until smooth. Divide the mix in half. Roll it out into two log shaped forms, roll in baking paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- Cut the logs into approximately 2cm slices. Place the circles slightly apart on an oven tray. Sprinkle them with the remainder of the lemon rind.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (2)
Would you mind specificying the amount of gluten free flour? I would be forever grateful. ♡
17 Feb 2016
These are great! They got devoured in no time. I added all the zest to the mix instead of reserving some, to make them extra tangy. Really tasty.
29 May 2012
(Review from Allrecipes AU | NZ)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124