1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Eileen's Spicy Gingerbread Men
Serves : 24
- 125g margarine or butter
- 90g (½ cup) brown sugar
- 155g (½ cup) golden syrup or molasses
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g (2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:30min
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine (or butter) and sugar until smooth. Stir in the golden syrup (or molasses) and egg yolk.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Blend into the margarine mixture until smooth. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to ½ cm thickness. Cut into desired shapes with biscuit cutters. Place biscuits 5 cm apart on ungreased biscuit trays.
- Cut into desired shapes with biscuit cutters. Place biscuits 5 cm apart on ungreased biscuit trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until firm. Remove from trays to cool on wire racks. Ice or decorate when cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!