1 / 1 Photo by: foodaholic
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 450 g Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1420 ml spaghetti sauce, divided
- 454 g mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 40 g grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 0.4 g dried basil
Prep:25min › Cook:35min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Combine the breadcrumbs, basil, oregano and parsley. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture. Place in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread pasta sauce to cover the bottom of a 23x33cm baking dish. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses.
- Sprinkle basil on top. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!