Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
If you like cherries, try this easy cupcake recipe. Use chocolate icing and top it with whipped cream - voila, you get something like a simple mini Black Forest cake.
500g pitted cherries
165 g caster sugar
1 tespoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon Kirsch (cherry liquer)
280g self-raising flour
- Use 2 × 12cup muffin tins and line with paper cases. Remove cherry stems and stones. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Using electric beaters, beat the butter, sugar, grated lemon zest and Kirsch in a bowl until mixture is pale and creamy.
- Gradually stir in the eggs. Sift in 250g flour. Stir until combined. Place remaining flour on a deep plate. Make sure cherries are dry, then toss them in the flour.
- Carefully stir the cherries into the cake mixture. Fill the paper cases two-thirds full with mixture.
- Bake for about 20–25 minutes until golden brown. Place pans on a wire rack and leave muffins to cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate