1 / 1 Photo by: SunnyByrd
Asian Sesame Chicken
- 5 g cornstarch
- 30 ml rice wine
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 6 g grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 455 g skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 110 g fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
Prep:4hr › Cook:10min › Ready in:4hr10min
- For marinade: In a dish or bowl, blend cornflour with rice wine; stir in lemon juice, soy sauce, chillies, ginger and garlic. Blend and stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- In a wok or large frying pan, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat, shaking the pan until the seeds are a golden brown colour. Remove seeds and set aside.
- To same wok or frying pan, add sesame oil and vegetable oil and heat slowly.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade, and stir-fry in wok a few pieces at a time, until browned. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and green capscium to same wok or frying pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spring onions and stir-fry 1 minute more.
- Return chicken to pan, together with reserved marinade, and stir over medium high heat for another 2 to 4 minutes, or until the ingredients are evenly coated with the sauce. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!