1 / 1 Photo by: CookinBug
Vegan "Fish" Fillet Sandwich
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kelp powder or 1 tablespoon crumbled nori sheets
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 350g firm tofu, dried and cut into 4 slices
- olive oil, as needed
- Tartare Sauce:,/b>
- 100g vegan mayonnaise
- 2 small pickled cucumbers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 wholemeal hamburger buns, split
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, toss breadcrumbs with kelp powder or nori, garlic, paprika and salt. Dip tofu slices into olive oil and then into the breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to coat well.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning when first side is golden brown and slightly crisp and browning the other side.
- Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, pickled cucumbers and lemon juice until well blended. When tofu has almost finished baking, brush each bun half with olive oil, and lightly toast in the oven. Serve with tartare sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!