2 / 3
3 / 3
5705 people made this
About this recipe:
This classic baked cheesecake is easy to make and it's so delicious. Add a topping or sauce to serve.
250g crushed plain Marie biscuits
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 kg cream cheese, softened
375g (1¾ cups) caster sugar
200ml (¾ cup) milk
250ml (1 cup) sour cream or yoghurt
3 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 tablespoons plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 23cm springform pan with removeable base.
- In a medium bowl, mix biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Press onto base of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla essence and flour until smooth - don't over beat. Pour filling over prepared biscuit base.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let the cake cool in the oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours. This prevents cracking. Chill until ready to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate