1 / 2
2 / 2
41 people made this
About this recipe:
A crunchy meringue base ready to be topped with whipped cream and your favourite fresh fruit - named after the famous ballerina!
For the meringue
4 egg whites
225 g white sugar
5 ml distilled white vinegar
5 ml vanilla extract
8 g cornstarch
300ml whipping cream
Seasonal fresh fruit-strawberries, kiwifruit etc
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Beat egg whites and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until stiff peaks form.
- In separate bowl, mix together vinegar, vanilla and cornflour until smooth. Pour cornflour mixture into egg white mixture and beat until thick and glossy, approximately 4 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and draw a 20 cm circle in the centre. Spoon or pipe mixture inside the circle, to within a little less than 2.5 cm from the edge.
- Place in preheated oven, reduce temperature to 110 C and bake 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool inside.
- To serve, decorate cooled pavlova with whipped cream and fresh fruit, such as a mixture of fresh berries.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate