210 people made this
About this recipe:
If you like to make trifles or tiramisu, here's a recipe for sponge fingers that's almost as easy as going to the shop!
4 eggs, separated
150g (2/3rd cup) caster sugar
125g (1 cup) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line two 30x45cm baking trays with parchment paper. Fit a large pastry bag with a plain round tube.
- Place egg whites in bowl and beat on high until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks and remaining sugar. Whip until thick and very pale in colour.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Fold half the egg white whites into the egg yolk mixture. Fold in flour, and then add the remaining egg whites.
- Transfer mixture to the pastry bag and pipe sponge fingers, about 10-15cm in length, out onto prepared baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until firm to touch and golden in colour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate