1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
- 375ml (1½ cups) water
- 100g (½ cup) medium grain rice
- 2 tins (400g each) black or red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons chilli powder, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 60g (½ cup) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- handful black olives, pitted and sliced
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a saucepan bring the water to the boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour beans into a 2 litre casserole. Sprinkle with chillies, cumin, chilli powder, salt and black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, spring onions and olives. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve beans over cooked rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!