1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Pork and Prawn Spring Rolls
- 60g rice vermicelli
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g mushrooms,chopped
- 100g prawns, tinned or fresh, chopped
- 500g minced pork
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 60g crab meat, tinned or fresh
- 90g beansprouts
- 2 pinches white pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 20 spring roll wrappers
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
Prep:1hr30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:1hr50min
- Soak the vermicelli for 30 minutes in warm water; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vermicelli, eggs, onion, mushrooms, prawns, pork, the 2 tablespoons (30ml) of vegetable oil, carrot, crab meat, beansprouts, pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic.
- One by one, moisten the wrappers with a damp tea towel and fill with 1½-2 tablespoons of the filling. Roll up the wrappers, and allow them to sit for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the oil to 190 C.
- Fry the spring rolls one or two at a time until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on kitchen towel.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!