Easy Vietnamese Prawn Rolls
2 / 2
74 people made this
About this recipe:
Delicate Vietnamese-style spring roll wrappers are filled with rice noodles, diced prawns, shredded carrot, lettuce and basil and dipped in warm hoi-sin sauce.
250g rice vermicelli
250g cooked, peeled prawns, cut in half lengthwise
8 rice paper (spring roll) wrappers
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 bunch basil, leaves chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) hoisin sauce
water as needed
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Remove from heat. Place rice vermicelli in boiling water, remove from heat, and let soak 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
- Drain, and rinse thoroughly with cold water so that they don't stick together.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one rice wrapper in the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat, and place desired amounts of noodles, prawns, carrot, lettuce and basil in the centre.
- Roll the edges of the wrapper slightly inward. Beginning at the bottom edge of wrapper, tightly wrapping in the ingredients. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce with water until desired consistency has been reached. Heat the mixture for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Serve the spring rolls with the warm dipping sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate