Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Strictly, it's a golden syrup tart but you get the idea. A classic, comforting dessert pie. Using ready made frozen pastry makes this a cinch.
60g fresh white breadcrumbs
150g shortcrust pastry
6 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a saucepan, combine the breadcrumbs, syrup and lemon juice. Heat gently over medium low heat until just melted. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm flan or baking dish. Pour the cooled syrup mixture over the pastry.
- Trim the pastry over-hanging from the dish. If you like, you can also roll out the pastry trimmings and cut into long, narrow strips. Arrange the strips in a lattice pattern over the filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate