4 people made this
About this recipe:
An unusual pavlova dessert with a soft chewy caramel-like centre - topped with lightly whipped vanilla-cream.
4 egg whites
8 tablespoons caster sugar
1 tin (395g) sweetened condensed milk
300ml whipping cream
1 dried vanilla pod
Grated dark or milk chocolate, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C. Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- In a large, very clean bowl, whip egg whites until fluffy. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- When thick and glossy, spoon the meringue mixture on to the prepared baking tray, forming a circle about 20cm wide.
- Bake for 1 to 1.5 hours. Set aside to cool.
- Place condensed milk into microwave bowl, heat on full power stirring every minute until thick and drops off the spoon like runny caramel. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and stir in seeds from vanilla pod.
- When pavlova has cooled, pour over the condensed milk, top with vanilla-cream and decorate with grated chocolate. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate