Apple Crumble with Oats
My mum's apple crumble recipe!
10 people made this
1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
For the crumble topping
90g wholemeal flour
30g rolled oats
60g caster or light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Core and chop the apple. Place half of the apple in an medium sized oven-proof dish and sprinkle sugar over them. Then add the rest of the apple slices.
- To make the crumble topping: Sieve the flour into a bowl. Add butter and sugar and rub in until mix looks like breadcrumbs.Then add the oats.
- Spread the crumble on top of the apples.
- Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until apples are soft and crumble topping is golden brown.
Reviews and ratings
Reviews in English (11)
Easy to follow, easy to multiply up if cooking more. No fancy stuff which means you can add it if you want. Just what i needed. Thanks
15 Aug 2011
(Review from Allrecipes UK | Ireland)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199