Red Onion Pilaf
444 people made this
About this recipe:
A simple but tasty rice side dish.
1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the rice and continue cooking until rice is coated with oil.
- When rice begins to colour slightly, add pepper to season and pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
I have not tried it as yet.. but will soon. It looks simple, esy to make, and delicious. Thank you
- 16 Feb 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate