1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Red Onion Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the rice and continue cooking until rice is coated with oil.
- When rice begins to colour slightly, add pepper to season and pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
I have not tried it as yet.. but will soon. It looks simple, esy to make, and delicious. Thank you - 16 Feb 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!