1 / 1 Photo by: har
Guisadong Pechay in Oyster Sauce
- 3-4 cups Chinese pechay, roughly chopped
- 1 small white onion, cut in 4
- 1/4 kg pork, diced (disregard if vegetarian)
- 3 small pieces tomatoes, cut in 4
- 1 piece carrot, shredded
- 1 cup onion spring, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1/8-1/4cup pili nuts *optional*
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi *optional*
- 1/2 tbsp garlic,minced
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Using a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Saute garlic to medium brown, then add the pork. Cook pork until medium brown.
- Add all the remaining vegetables with the tomatoes. Vegetables only takes maximum five minutes to cook.
- Turn heat to minimum. Add the oyster sauce. Mix well. Turn off the heat and then add the pili nuts. Add the lime to enhance flavor.
Also, as pechay’s vibrant hue suffers when overcooked and as they are less sturdy than their other cabbage counterparts, remember that the leaves are done in a matter of minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!