1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 600 gm flour
- 200 ml warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water
- 3 1/2 tbsp ghee
- Extra ghee for cooking
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:3hr resting › Ready in:3hr25min
- Dilute the salt and sugar in the warm water. Put flour in a large mixing bowl. Work in the ghee into the flour using your fingertips. Add the egg and gradually add the water while kneading the dough.
- Knead the dough until it becomes soft and pliable. Form balls with the dough and let it rest for 2-3 hours in a well-oiled bowl.
- Working on a flat greased surface, take a dough ball and flatten it using the heel of your palm to make a paper thin circle. Spread 1 teaspoon ghee inside it. Fold the edges together to make a square.
- Heat griddle and cook the roti until brown on each side. Serve hot with curry.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!