1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
- 1 litre stock, fish or chicken based
- 400 grams various fish based balls, dumplings, sliced cakes or sliced pickled squid
- 4 stalks pak boong, or water spinach, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 200 grams noodles of your choice (sen yai rice noodles are shown in the picture)
- 2 litres water, for cooking noodles
- 1/2 cup red tofu with liquid, blended
- As condiment Thai roasted chilli flakes
- As condiment chillies in vinegar
- As condiment fish sauce
- As condiment caster sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Heat the stock and water up separately. When the stock is at a simmer, add the various fish based balls, dumplings, sliced cakes or squid and pak boong and leave at a simmer. When the water is at a boil, add the noodles in a strainer and heat until cooked. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Add the heated fish treats to the 4 bowls. Ladle a cup or so of broth to each bowl.
- Serve the soup and let the diners adjust their soups with the condiments to suit their own tastes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!