1 / 1 Photo by: Suhara
- 2 small ikan kembung (mackerel)
- 200 g grated coconut
- 4 shallots
- 1 lemongrass bulb, sliced finely
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- red chilli and green chilli slices
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Boil mackerel until cooked. Drain and flake the meat, taking care not to include fine bones. Pound 3 shallots, finely, in mortar and pestle with black pepper. Add the fish flakes and pound together. Set aside.
- Dry toast 1 sliced shallot and half of the sliced lemongrass in wok. Add the grated coconut and toast to a pale colour, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, mix the pounded mackerel into the coconut mixture. Season with salt and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with leftover lemongrass slices, sliced onions and chillies.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!