169 people made this
About this recipe:
My take on the traditional dessert - it fills the house with a gorgeous aroma of plums, lemon and vanilla.
6 tablespoons caster sugar
14 ripe plums, halved and pitted
1 1/4 cups (300ml) low-fat milk
90g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Butter a 25cm fluted flan tin and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the sugar over the bottom.
- Arrange the plum halves, cut side down, so that they cover the entire bottom of the pie dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top of the plums.
- In a blender, combine the remaining sugar, eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour over the fruit in the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate