1 / 1 Photo by: Angie
Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Makes : 20
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat butter or margarine and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt to butter/sugar mixture and blend well. With a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies using a 2 inch round cutter and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Reroll scraps.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cookies are pale golden, not brown. Let stand 2 minutes. Remove to a rack and let cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!