Lemon Curd Bars
1 / 1
129 people made this
About this recipe:
This bar has the two crusts as requested, and has a strong tangy lemon taste, so much better than most of the lemon bar recipes out there due to the lemon curd and added coconut!
Makes: 40 squares
225 g unsalted butter
250 g all-purpose flour
200 g white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
280 g lemon curd
50 g flaked coconut
70 g toasted and chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter. Add the flour, sugar and baking soda. Mix until the mixture forms coarse crumbs
- Put 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of one 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Spread the lemon curd over the baked layer. To the remaining 1/3 of crumb mixture add the coconut and the almonds. Sprinkle over the top of the lemon curd.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake bars for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate