1 / 1 Photo by: Allrecipes Photos
Mexican Bread Pudding
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 330g (1½ cups) caster sugar
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 125g butter softened for spreading
- 150g (1 cup) sultanas
- 1 (440g) can pineapple pieces, drained
- 125g mild Cheddar cheese slices
- 125g (1 cup) chopped walnuts
Prep:25min › Cook:30min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a large baking dish.
- Combine water, cinnamon and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Toast bread and butter each slice on one side. Remove crusts if desired. Arrange toast in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle bread with sultanas, nuts and pineapple pieces.
- Place some cheese slices over this mixture. Repeat layers until all bread is used, making sure enough cheese is left over for the top.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from the syrup then pour over everything in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!