1 / 1 Photo by: Toi
- 1kg taro, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 palm sugar
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Heat the oil n a deep pot or a wok over medium heat.
- Fry the taro slices in small batches until light golden brown and crisp, turning once.
- Let them cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- Heat the water and sugar in a pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and let boil until the liquid bubbles thickly and is slightly syrupy in consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Combine taro slices and syrup in a large bowl and toss to coat taro slices evenly with the syrup.
- Take them out and let them cool (on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, if possible). Store them in a container with a tightly fitting lid... unless you and your kids/friends/family eat them all up right away. (They taste best that way anyway!)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!