- Heat oil in saucepan over low fire.
- Sauté garlic, ginger and onion until golden brown.
- Add chicken and stir fry until the chicken is slightly brown.
- Add just enough evaporated milk to almost cover the chicken. Add curry powder, enough salt to taste (1/2 teaspoon) and a dash of ground pepper.
- Cover and allow to slowly simmer until the chicken becomes tender. Note: Be sure that the fire is set to the lowest setting possible to avoid burning the milk. Also stir the dish once-a-while to prevent sticking.
- If you plan to put in hot chilli, add the chilli after the chicken has become tender. Simmer for one minute more.
- Remove from fire and serve with steamed rice.
Slice 2 medium-sized potatoes into quarters and pre-fry before adding to the dish just before the meat becomes tender.
Add a few slices of red or green bell pepper to make the dish more appetizing.
You can use any type of meat or seafood instead of chicken. However, if you do plan to use meat that takes time to tenderize, it is highly suggested that you cut them into smaller sizes.
See it on my blog
Check out this recipe on The Tested Kitchen!