1 / 1 Photo by:
- To Make Sauce
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter, chunky grind is preferable
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 firm, ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Kecap Manis (Sweet soy Sauce)
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon tamarind water
- 3 Red Chillie/Green Chilie
- To Make Omelette
- 3 squares fresh bean curd
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- Peanut oil for frying
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Extra time:20min › Ready in:40min
- For the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat the oil and fry onion and garlic over low heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and fry, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tomato is cooked to a pulp. Add sweet soy sauce, salt and tamarind water, bring to a boil. Serve warm.
- For the omelettes: Slice the tofu into small cubes. Deep fry tofu until half done; remove and set aside. Beat the eggs with salt and add the tofu.
- Heat a large skillet, grease the base lightly with oil and fry the egg mixture in small round omelettes no larger than saucer size. Make several and keep warm on a hot plate until all the mixture is cooked.
- To serve: put the omelettes on a round platter and pour the peanuts sauce over. Scatter the finely sliced parsley on top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!