311 people made this
About this recipe:
Italian Tuscan sausage soup.
1 (450g) package smoked sausage
2 medium potatoes, cut into .5cm slices
3/4 cup chopped onion
6 slices smoked bacon
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups kale - washed, dried, and shredded
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
1 litre water
1/3 cup (90ml) thickened whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F).
- Layer the sausage links onto a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1.5cm slices.
- Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
- Remove bacon and crumble. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1 minute. Add chicken base or bouillon, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale, and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate