1 / 1 Photo by: megharv
- 2kg dark meat chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup 60g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 (110g) links sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 230g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 1 (400g) can whole peeled tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr5min
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add 1/2 of the garlic. Season flour with poultry seasoning. Dredge chicken parts in flour, then brown in the skillet for 4 or 5 minutes. Add the sausage, and saute for a few minutes. Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, rosemary and the remaining garlic. Stir all together.
- Add the wine and tomatoes; stir. Cover and let simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Let cool covered for 10 minutes, then serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!