1 / 1 Photo by:
Chi Chi Dango Mochi
Serves : 36
- 450g mochiko (Japanese glutinous rice flour)
- 2 1/2 cups (560g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease a 24cmx34cm pan. Whisk together the rice flour, sugar and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the water, vanilla, coconut milk and red food coloring. Blend in the rice flour mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely.
- Turn the pan of mochi out onto a clean surface that has been dusted with potato starch. Cut into bite size pieces using a plastic knife. The mochi does not stick as much to plastic knives.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!