1 / 1 Photo by: vietlove
- 500 g lean beef, e.g. flank steak, tri-tip
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bottom third only, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 shallot, sliced into very thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 15-20 short skewer sticks, soaked for a few hours in cold water
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:1hr30min
- Mix all the ingredients besides the beef and the skewer sticks well. Set aside.
- Cut the meat against the grain into rectangles that fit onto your skewers. Marinate them in a non-reactive container for at least an hour, as much as overnight.
- Skewer them onto the skewer sticks.
- Grill or broil until slightly charred and just cooked through.
- Serve with or without sauce, such as Nuoc Leo.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!