1 / 1 Photo by: Wiley
Serves : 4
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 3 each Thai chillies
- 1 each small lime, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup yard beans, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 5 each cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, whole
- 1/4 cup carrot, jullienned
- 2 each sour and crisp apples, like Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into wedges
Prep:10min › Ready in:10min
- In a ceramic mortar and pestle (used for making som tam), pound the garlic and Thai chillies until chunky. Add the lime quarters and yard beans and smash a couple times until well bruised. Add the tamarind juice, palm sugar and dried shrimp and smash until the palm sugar has been worked in.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, fish sauce, peanuts and carrots and smash a bit more until the tomatoes are bruised. Add the apple wedges and toss all together in the mortar with a spoon until all is mixed.
- Place the salad on a plate and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!