1 / 1 Photo by:
- 200g bean sprouts, blanched
- 1 small bangkwang, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cucumbers, cut into slices
- 150g kangkong, blanched
- 4 pieces taupok (fried beancurd skin), grilled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 pieces you tiao (fried Chinese crullers), grilled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- For the dressing
- 2 chillies
- 1 tablespoon belacan (shrimp paste)
- 4 tablespoons gula Melaka (brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons heiko (black shrimp paste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 tip bunga kantan (torch ginger flower), sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon tamarind, soaked in 125ml hot water and the tamarind juice reserved
Prep:30min › Ready in:30min
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large serving platter.
- With a mortar and pestle, pound all the dressing ingredients until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!